Department of Plant Biology & Pathology
Foran Hall/ Cook Campus
59 Dudley Rd.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Office: Room 216A Foran Hall, 848-932-6351
Lab: Room 216 Foran Hall, 848-932-6273
1) Programmed Cell Death in Higher Plants and Stress Tolerance
- Characterization of the mode of action for a highly conserved cell death suppressor: Bax Inhibitor-1 (BI-1) in ER-stress sensing.
- Characterization of proteases involved in regulating programmed cell death activation in plants: focus on metacaspases.
2) Chromatin Organization and Epigenetics
- Global mapping of chromatin modifications using ChIP-seq via NextGen Sequencing and integration of genome-wide maps using novel informatics approach (ANCORP) that was recently published from our lab.
- Large scale analyses of chromatin physical and biochemical landscape.
3) Biomass and Biofuel Production
- Creating more optimized “energy crops” by engineering enzymes of interest into genomes of target feedstocks.
- Duckweed as a Versatile System to Link Bioremediation and Biofuel Production.
4) Transgenic plants as vehicle for RNA therapeutics delivery
- Using edible plants and their-derived foods for delivery of siRNAs targeting animal viruses into animals via ingestion.
Please see the Lam Laboratory website for more details on these projects.
Click on a link below to launch a publication search:
Dr. Eric Lam joined the department in 1989 and was promoted to Professor II in 2010.